Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Way Down South

Howdy ya'll!

I just got back from Georgia. I was there for a long weekend to visit my Aunt and all of my cousins. Georgia is way down South. It's about a 12 hour drive from Maryland, but my mom and I went by plane so it only took about two hours.

In Georgia, all the older girl cousins went on an away weekend. We chatted, went to fancy resteraunts, and did a lot of shopping. I've been buying a lot of professional clothes because I am student teaching once a week and starting next semester I will be in the classroom every day. As you all remember I normally just wear t-shirts and jeans so I didn't have many nice clothes for teaching.

Anyways, while I was in Georgia I also got to visit with my little cousins. I have eighteen second cousins! The youngest is ten months old and the oldest is 14. I only see them twice a year because they live so far away so it was really fun to see them and play with them.

Now I'm back in Maryland. I had a long day of classes today and now I am watching "The Joy Luck Club" with my roommates to relax. I'm really excited because my boyfriend, Michael, is coming to visit on Friday. I haven't seen him since July so I really miss him!

It was great to chat with some of you on Saturday. Sorry that I couldn't stay too long. Hopefully next time I can stay longer.

Your friend,
Nikki

4 comments:

Sanae said...

Hi Niiki! I understand you really enjoy every day when I read this post!

By the way I was surprised your comment, you were sick last week!
How are you? Me? I'm fine now:) Don't worry!

Sleepy

sae said...

Hi, Nikki! I'm sorry not to have kept in touch. But I could know your good life thanks to your nice blog.

And I want to see you in the professional clothes!

Sae

misa said...

Hello Nikki-

I enjoyed chatting with you very much!!I also want you to chat longer next time.

You teach children once a week??It sounds very hard but interesting for me. I think you will be a good teacher because you were a great mentor for us:-)

misamisa+

Ayumi said...

How are you? Nikki,
I was happy to chat with you and some AGU members. I want to join next chat!!

By the way, how was meeting your boyfriend?? If you took picture with him, show us!!