Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Last First Days

Hey all!

So I just finished my last first week of classes! I only have classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, which is nice because then I have a four day weekend every week. The only bad part is that my Tuesdays and Thursdays are really long. Today I had classes from 12:30 to 8 with no break. By the time I got back to my apartment I was exhausted and HUNGRY! I can't really complain though because it is nice not having classes the other days.

In addition to classes, I am also student teaching. For those of you who don't know (or just forgot) my major is Secondary Education English. This means I want to be a high school English teacher. Right now, I go to a school once a week to observe a teacher and to help him teach. His name is Mr. Tallon and he is a very funny man. He gives his students a lot of noogies. I have no clue how the word noogie would translate in Japanese, but it's basically rubbing a person's head really hard. I will see if I can take a picture of him giving somebody a noogie to post on this blog. It's really fun to be in the classroom because I am so excited to be a teacher. Next semester, instead of taking classes at the University of Maryland, I will be student teaching every day at a high school.

Well, even though it is only Thursday it's the weekend for me. I'm off to go celebrat my week!

Your friend who misses you all very, very much,
Nikki

2 comments:

Sanae said...

Hi Nikki!
I'm very glad to read your blog.I also think it's good way to keep in touch with us:)
I don't know your dream is to de a teacher, it's really nice! Actually, I'm going to teach at a cram school for part time job. So I'm excited to teach like you:D

kei said...

Hi,Nikki!
I'm glad to read your blog. It is good way to keep in touch:-)
I didn't know that you wanted to be a teacher. And It is so nice that you have classes only on Tuesday and Thursday!!