Monday, September 15, 2008

This is the Good Life




Hello, all!

I hope you all had an amazing weekend, I sure did.

On Friday my friends and I all went to Happy Hour. Happy Hour is when a lot of food and drinks are on special so it does not cost very much to eat. A lot of bars and resteraunts have happy hours on Friday afternoons and evenings. My friends and I go every weekend to a bar called Cornerstone which is one Route 1, not too far from the Quality Inn. I always get hot wings, they are delicious, but spicy! My roommate, Qing who is from China, told me that when she first came to America she couldn't believe that we ate the wings with our fingers. She thought Americans were so messy and dirty. The first time she ate the wings she used her chopsticks! That was seven years ago, now she uses her hands just like everybody else. By the end of the meal we both had sauce all over our hands and face. Yummmmmmmy!

On Saturday I went to the Maryland Football game against California. We were expected to lose because we do not have a very good team this year, but we surprised everybody and won! It was a very exciting game. Maryland sports, especially football and basketball, is one of my favorite things about going to the University of Maryland. Do you all remember going to the top of Byrd stadium at night? If you look at my pictures you can see that it looks a little bit different with 40,000 fans watching the Terps win!

Well, it's time to go start my Monday.

Your friend,
Nikki

6 comments:

RYOHEI said...

I think Cornerstone has yellow wall and it is next to seven-eleven!

Sachi said...

Nikki! I'm glad to read your blog!

I remember going to the top of the studium. That was scaring for me. It seems to grow livelier that so many fans wearing red T-shirts are watching the game!!

Masatoshi said...

What a coincidence!

I ate hot wings with Ryohei,Masahiro,Senpai and Joe,which is called team "D". :)

I remember the taste.It was surely spicy but the cheese(I forgot the type of the cheese)set next to the hot wings made the spicy taste mild.

It was so nice. I wanna enjoy it again!

Hippo=

tomoko said...

Hi!Nikki!!I'm sorry not to have kept in touch. I wanted to watch the game!I wanted to be there...When Isaw your pictures, I remember the phrase "Go maryland! Fear the turtle!" Did you say it??

Nina Liakos said...

I wish I had seen that game! My husband (back from Greece!) and I are going to the game tomorrow against Eastern Michigan. Maybe we will see you there, if you are way high up in the stands!

Sanae said...

Hi Nikki!
I want to see baseball game again. It was so exciting for me!

Everyone wear red color on your picture, university of Maryland's color is red, right? I think you also wear red cloth:)

Sleepy